For the past days, I’ve been feeling reluctant to write my 2012 post because I don’t want my blog to be invaded by my dark thoughts. But there’s something in my head that keeps on nagging me to post this. So, what the hell.
Here are the highlights:
- I read a LOT of books. It was my safety net; my sanctuary. What kept me going through the day and night.
- I cried a lot. I cried while driving back to my condo after a long day-and-night at work. I cried on my sofa bed before sleeping. I cried on my parents’ bed while being hugged by my sister. I don’t need to rehash the details of why I cried; let’s just leave it at that.
- I tried to be more responsible by standing as the second parent to my sibs. Well, I’m a cool parent, alright. Glad we cleared that up.
- I went out with my friends a lot. I’m clingier than ever. I love them and I wish I’m with these girls every single second.
- I visited a lot of places and even got to experience an international travel (thanks to TBWA!).
- I ended up harnessing a full load of angst. Not a good trait, but people are just getting on my nerve.
- I felt more insecure with how I look. I know I’m fugly and vertically challenged; these are facts. But for the people who judge me, I hope you’ll be able to pronounce the phoneme /f/ first before picking on others.
- I experienced an exponential decline on my self-worth. Sometimes, I feel like people just want to rip me apart. It’s a cruel jungle and that sucks. I just want to shun myself like an Amish shuns their violators.
- I practiced the virtue of getting used to disappointments and lowering my expectations.
- I learned to survive despite this BS. That is all.
Whew! Sorry, told you it was gonna be dark. But I had some happy mem’ries too:
Punta Fuego with SG&A c/o Loulou’s work perks.
Joined the reading challenge.
Regular WWFs sessions.
Had Boracay as my summer fling, with Jona, Joanna, Lou and Kath.
Went to South Korea c/o TBWA\SMP!
Welcome back, Bebegirl!
Hitched with Joanna going to Bicol, and saw Mt. Mayon!
“Slowly sinking, wasting.” Anthem of the month.
Drove to Batangas, hiked on a hill and wished my heart’s desire at the Caleruega Church.
Day trip up north with the girls.
Bazaars, bazaars and bazaars!
*sigh* Oh, Universe.